GOVERNANCE of CIOMS
The day-to-day management of CIOMS is carried out by the Secretariat in conformity with the directions of the Executive Committee. It consists of the Secretary-General and his/her team and is based in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Executive Committee consists of up to twelve representatives chosen from among the International and National members.
- The Committee has full powers to act on behalf of the Association.
- Each member of the Committee has one vote and the President has a casting vote.
- In addition to the International, National and Associate members, the Committee may invite ad hoc observers and technical experts without the right to vote.
- The Committee appoints the Secretary-General.
- The Committee meets in person at least once a year (with teleconferences in between the meetings) and during every session of the General Assembly, and as often as the interests of the Association require.
- The General Assembly consists of all CIOMS members and meets in ordinary session once a year. It can also be convened by the Executive Committee in special sessions.
- Normally the General Assembly adopts all its decisions by consensus. Only where a consensus cannot be reached for a decision does the Assembly proceed to voting where decisions are taken by a simple majority of the votes cast. Voting by proxy is not authorized.
- The General Assembly elects the members of the Executive Committee and the President.
The full statutes as registered in Geneva in 2021 are available here: